1. Sometimes the CAPTCHA security features on website are a pain because it's not always easy to decipher the letters and numbers. But the one I came across the other day was utterly ridiculous. Be my guest if you can figure this one out.
2. I'm available if you need help wrapping Christmas presents. Here's a sample of my work. Pretty impressive, huh?
3. One toy that's not likely to be one of this year's hottest Christmas gifts for the kids is Varicose Veins Barbie, inadvertently created by two-year-old daughter when she went on a minor rampage with the markers.
4. We attended our church's annual Breakfast with Santa last Saturday morning. Knowing that in our household we focus far more on Jesus than Santa this time of year, someone asked me why we still brought our kids to see Santa. The answer was easy. We may not "do" Santa, but we're happy to "do" breakfast.
5. They served Capri Sun at the Santa event, and I laughed at the product's silly marketing ploy. The little pouches now have clear bottoms so you can "see the goodness." What goodness are you supposed to see in fake juice?
6. I think somebody accidentally got into the wrong line while I was waiting for confession at our parish the other day. He was wearing an AC/DC Highway to Hell concert t-shirt. But the line for confession is supposed to lead you somewhere else!
7. I delved a little bit into my conversion story in my latest post for Austin Catholic News Media. Check it out right over here.
For more Quick Takes, visit This Ain't The Lyceum. See you next Friday.